Community Mental Health Providers:
- Birch Tree Center - Pathways for Health & Wellness
- Amberwing - Center for Well-being
- Essentia Health Medical Center
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- Arrowhead Psychological Clinic
- Duluth Psychological Clinic
- Human Development Center
- Nystrom & Associates
After hours and emergency facilities for mental health care
If you are in need of mental health support when Health Services is closed, or in case of emergency, please contact The Birch Tree Center's Crisis line at 218-623-1800 or go to the emergency room/urgent care at either St. Luke's Hospital or St. Mary's Hospital. If an ambulance is needed, call 911. If the emergency is non-life-threatening and you do not have a means of transportation, call Campus Police at 218-726-7000.
Txt4Life is a suicide prevention resource for residents in Minnesota. They can help you with relationship issues, general mental health, and suicide. They are free, confidential, and here for you. They can be reached by texting "life" to 61222.
You can also receive more mental health supports by calling Minnesota Crisis Connection hotline: (612) 379-6363; (866) 379-6363.
There is also a National Suicide Prevention Hotline that can be reached if you are in crisis at 1-800-273-8255.
Other Community Resources:
- Center for Independent Living/Access North
- CHOICE Unlimited
- Lighthouse Center for Vision Loss
- ARC Northland
- For Veterans - Make the Connection
- Transitioning from Service: Advice and Resources for Veterans
- Succeeding in School: Advice and Resources for Transitioning to Higher Education
- College Resources for Students with Disabilities