Disability Resources is excited to introduce a Faculty Portal - here is what you can find there:
- Allows faculty to view - by class - all students requesting accommodations and their associated accommodation letters.
- Accommodation letters - Next Steps
- How to make your courses more accessible & resources around this
- Take a moment to login & explore, and let us know if you have questions about how to navigate the portal.
- Don’t forget to bookmark the faculty portal link so you can easily access it throughout the year!
Faculty Responsibilities around Test Accommodations
- Test Delivery to DR: As indicated in our Instructor Responsibilities resources, in order for us to provide the service of proctoring tests in our office, we need tests delivered to our office at least 24 hours prior to the exam time. Our staff needs time to set up accommodations (this may include scanning, altering text size, setting up adaptive technology, etc.) and prepare for many test takers at once. Instructor cooperation in this matter is crucial to our ability to continue proctoring the instructor’s exams. If you are unable to meet this deadline, instructors will be asked to proctor exams independent of our office.
- Notification/Reminders: Instructors receive LOAs as soon as students request accommodations in our office. They have access to the Faculty Portal, which indicates all requested accommodations, including test times. 3-4 days ahead of the scheduled exam time, instructors will receive a reminder to send the exam to
- Returning Tests to Faculty: Completed tests will now be returned to instructors via scanned documents sent to email or you may request they be picked up in the mailroom through their secure process as opposed to pick up occurring in our office.