The Grievance Process
Disability Resources (DR) is committed to ensuring that the educational opportunities and other programs and services at UMD are accessible and inclusive to students with disabilities. Disability Resources will promptly respond to student concerns about this office’s process, services, or reasonable accommodations offered. We are also here to assist students in resolving concerns associated with a specific course, instructor, or other campus staff person or department.
The student contacts DR as soon as possible if reasonable accommodations are not being implemented in an effective or timely way or if the student is dissatisfied with the provision of services through our office.
- Students will begin by communicating concerns to their Disability Specialist who will work with University personnel and students with disabilities to resolve disagreements/issues regarding recommended accommodations. Most concerns can be resolved at this level.
- If unable to do this or dissatisfied with the result, a student may contact Meryl Lucchesi-Freyberg, Director of Disability Resources, at 218-726-6101 or by e-mail at [email protected].
- Complaints about the provision of services by the DR will be responded to by the Director of Disability Resources.
- If the concern is not resolved, consult with UMNTC ADA Coordinator Enjie Hall to discuss your concerns and consider filing a grievance. Email: [email protected]
- If there are concerns of discrimination by university employees, students can contact UMD's EOAA Associate and Title IX Coordinator, Corey Christensen, via email to [email protected], via phone (218) 726-8809, or through the UReport online form. If there are concerns of discrimination by students, students should consult with Katie Jackson in OSCCR.
- If an instructor believes a student is not being reasonably accommodated, the instructor also may follow 1-4.