Expectations & Logistics for Taking Exams in Disability Resources
Before Scheduling an Exam
- You must be registered with Disability Resources.
- You must have exam accommodations approved and renewed for the current semester. All students must renew accommodations each semester before accommodation letters are sent to faculty and accommodations can be used.
- If you are a returning student with previously-approved exam accommodations, renew your accommodations on Student Portal. After they are approved, you will be able to make exam requests.
- You will not be able to schedule exams in DR without an active accommodation letter.
- If you are a returning student and wish to request exam accommodations for the first time, please contact your Disability Specialist.
- You must request your exams 4 calendar days in advance.
- Before an online exam using lockdown browser, consult with your instructor if it needs to be proctored in DR.
- Final exams MUST be requested 10 calendar days in advance.
- During finals week, not all exams will take place in Disability Resources testing rooms due to the space needed. DR exams also take place in Griggs Kirby Student Center and additional space as needed. Our goal of ensuring that all students receive their accommodations necessitates that we seek out additional space during finals. We will continue to communicate changes as we move through the semester.
For information on exam scheduling and scheduling expectations, please visit the exam request page.
Late Arrival Procedures:
- If you arrive late, DR will not extend the end time of your exam.
- You are responsible for scheduling your exams at the correct times and arriving before your exam start time.
- If you arrive late for an exam due to disability-related impacts, please discuss the situation with your Disability Specialist to determine whether or not it is reasonable to reschedule the exam.
- You may schedule make-up exams in DR. You must coordinate permission, scheduling details, etc. with your instructor before requesting an exam time/date on Student Portal.
We serve many students with a variety of needs. Please be respectful while testing in or visiting Disability Resources. You are expected to follow the Student Conduct Code. Misconduct may be reported to The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution.
We will treat you with courtesy and respect. We will make every effort to have your exam and materials ready by your scheduled start time. If you have a question during your exam, we will do our best to contact your instructor.
Phones, all watches, calculator lids, and materials not explicitly allowed during your exam are not permitted in DR testing spaces. All items need to be stowed in our front office prior to the start of your exam and cannot be accessed during your exam. If we suspect you are in possession of a phone during an exam, we will ask you to remove any items from all pockets. If we find a phone on your person, regardless of use, we will end your exam in DR, notify your instructor, and file a report with The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution.