How to Use Test Accommodations
- Students meet with a Disability Specialist at the beginning of each semester to create a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) for their test accommodations.
- We then email a copy of the LOA to each assigned faculty member.
- Discuss with each faculty member your plan to implement the test accommodations for their course.
- Log into your DR Student Portal to schedule any in person exams with our testing center.
- 7 days notice is required for scheduling exams in DR's testing center.
- On test day, go directly to the main Disability Resources office to take your exam.
- Note: If a professor and student make arrangements for accommodated testing in the department/classroom or if the exam is completely online, it's not necessary for the student to schedule their exam with our center.
How to Submit an Exam Request in the Student Portal
Test Changes or Cancellations
- All students are expected to abide by the academic integrity section of UMD's conduct code which is total honesty and integrity.
- No cell phones, backpacks, watches etc. will be allowed in the testing rooms.
- Rooms are checked randomly.
- Test Schedules: Our official testing schedule is now accessed via Student Portal.
- Please check your Student Portal to confirm or adjust testing times. If you arrive at the incorrect time, we may no longer be able to proctor your exam and will refer you to work with your instructor to request exam proctoring with them.